The Bawell 2195 model is a top of the line water ionizer designed and manufactured by the Florida based company, Bawell.
It’s modern and top of the range features like the SMPS power system makes it one of the best water ionizer machines out there.
The 7 platinum coated electrolysis plates as well as its forever lifetime warranty, make it such a unique offer on the market today.
Below I will outline all the important features and specifications of this unit. This will enable you to know whether the unit is the best water ionizer for your needs or not .If you are still new to water ionization, I recommend you to read my well detailed water ionizer buying guide.
How it works and how it is installed
- Basically the water ionizer uses water electrolysis to make pure electrolyzed reduced water, as the scientific community need to call it.
- What the water ionizer does is that it separates the acidic and alkaline minerals in your water to make acidic and naturally alkaline water.
About the manufacturer
Bawell Health Water, LL C is a Florida based company located at
102 NE 2nd Street Suite 326
Boca Raton, FL 33432
The company started operating on the 21st of September 2010.
The Business Consumer Alliance, a reputation check website has certified this company an AAA rating. For more on Bawell’s reputation, click here
The history of Bawell shows that the company attends to customer complaints in a satisfactory manner.
- It has a very wide Ph. range of between 2.0 and 12.0.You can choose what pH is suitable for the intended use of the ionized water. So if you were after a machine with a very wide pH range, the Bawell 2195 is the best water ionizer for the task. To get a better understanding of pH ranges, read my article that covers this topic in a more detailed way.
- It has a very wide ORP range of between +600 to -800.Most standard water ionizer machines have an ORP range of -500.Having an ORP range of -800 makes it a high end ionizer machine that will deliver the best health benefits. To understand more about Oxidation Reduction Potential (ORP) range, read my detailed article on this topic. So if you were looking for a unit that has such a wide ORP range, then this is the best water ionizer for the task
- Forever lifetime warranty. Have peace of mind, knowing that the water ionizer will be maintained for the rest of your life. When a company offers such a warranty to its customers, they are more than confident that their product is durable and will perform beyond expectations. The warranty covers parts and labor in full for as long as you own the machine .The warranty doesn’t cover the filters.
- It is a counter-top system. It doesn’t take much of your counter space.
- Very easy to install. It connects to the faucet or water line below the sink.
- Voice prompts notify you automatically when there is a need to change the 2 filters. This happens when the filter life counter is about to reach 5000 liters.
- It has an astounding flow rate of 1 Gallon every 30 Seconds.
- BPA Free plastics used.The plastic used to manufacture this particular water ionizer is approved by the FDA to be BPA free food grade. So it is very healthy to drink your pure alkaline water from the Bawell 2195 water ionizer machine.
- The system uses 2 filters instead of a single one.2 filter systems have proven to be more effective in producing very clean and purified water than single filter systems. The more filters a water ionizer has, the better. For most consumers, the two filters that come with the Bawell water ionizer are more than enough for their needs.
- The water ionizer comes with a built in wall mount system on the back of the unit to cater for those with limited counter space. It comes with the screws and anchors used to hang the water ionizer machine to the wall.
- It weighs 12 pounds or approximately 5.4 kg. The weight makes it so easy to hang the water ionizer onto the wall or on a cabinet. Its light weight also makes it easy to transport the unit.
- It is compact.The unit measures around 8 x 6.2 x 15.2 inches
- It is a platinum water ionizer. Platinum used as a coating on the plates is known for being resistant to corrosion; it is as strong as you can think of.
The platinum is one of the reasons why Bawell was confident enough to offer a lifetime warranty with the water ionizer machine.
- It is a 7 plate solid state model. The plates create a surface area of 144 square inches, for optimum electrolysis to take place .It is a very powerful water ionizer which is even more than enough for an average sized family. The solid state plates make cleaning the unit such a seamless task.
- The power system used by this unit is called the SMPS .It is a digital type of power system that ensures that your system performs optimally using the least possible electrical energy. This power system saves you money.
SMPS produces less heat, which translates to less wear and tear. All this increases the lifespan of your water ionizer significantly.
The SMPS is one of the factors that made Bawell confident enough to offer a Forever Lifetime warranty with the unit.
- The ionized alkaline water is a very powerful antioxidant. Antioxidants benefits include delaying ageing and inhibiting the growth of malignant cancer cells.
- It has potential health benefits which have been researched by medical experts. These health benefits are listed in the US National Library of Medicine Database.
- It is sturdy. Bawell knows that their system is very strong ,that is why they give a lifetime warranty with the unit
- Risk free purchase. The water ionizer machine comes with a 60 day 100% money back guarantee if you are not satisfied. You are free to return it back within 60 days from the day you purchased the unit.
- Bawell has an AAA rating on Business Consumer Alliance .They pay special attention to customers and try by all means to resolve the issues in those complaints.
- It is aesthetically pleasing. Most parts and the outer part of the ionizer machine are made out of stainless steel. This gives the unit a stylish and shiny look.
- Easy to use. The unit comes with eight pre-programmed settings which make it easy for first time users. The LCD touch screen also makes it easy to operate the unit.
- Self-cleaning feature. The water ionizer cleans itself every time you turn it on and when you turn it off. This leaves you with very little to do as far as maintaining the system is concerned.
- Enjoy bacteria free water. The water ionizer comes with an electrolytic antibacterial system.
- Compatible with a wide range of faucet heads. The universal adapter can fit on both your main water line and a faucet. So you don’t need to scratch your head thinking of where to buy a compatible faucet.
- Superb Customer support. Many customers and reviewers have mentioned the quick and helpful support which Bawell gives to its customers. Helpful support becomes handy when you need a refund or when you need to help in connection with a warranty
- It is much pricier than most standard water ionizer machines out there. The reason being that of the platinum used and also other special specifications like SMPS and Forever LIFETIME warranty. These specifications are very rare to find in the ‘well priced’ water ionizers on the market today.
- Installation is Do it yourself (DIY).
- Installation of the system should not take you more than 30 minutes on average to complete the whole process. Just follow the easy to follow guidelines provided with the purchase to install the water ionizer correctly.
- In addition to the user manual, make sure you watch the 10 minute installation DVD provided with the purchase. The video gives you clear directions on how to install the water ionizer in a more professional way.
- Connect your Bawell water ionizer to the main water line or simply hook it up to your sink faucet. Use the universal faucet adapter connections that come with the purchase
- The universal faucet adapter fits very well with most standard faucets and pull-out sprayer faucets. So don’t worry about buying extra water pipes.
- After connecting your water ionizer to the faucet or water line, the first stage in producing pure ionized alkaline water is filtration.
- At the 1st filtration stage,debris is filtered out of your tap or well water.
- The 2nd stage is the water electrolysis which i described in detail in this article
- The last stage is the final filtration.This is where VOCs are filtered out of your water ready for drinking and cooking.
Special things to note
- It is not compatible in Europe and other countries which follow British or European standards. It uses a 110 volt American/Canadian standard power outlet only.
- So it is not the best water ionizer for prospective customers who stay in countries which follow European standards. If you decide to buy it when you reside outside America and Canada, you will simply need to engage an electrical technician to sort this out for you so as to use it without challenges.
- Your faucet should have a removable aerator for it to work with the Bawell 2195 water ionizer.
- You should not place the water ionizer under the sink
- The unit comes with pre-programmed Ph. levels. If you don’t know much about Ph. levels, don’t worry. Bawell gave common names to the pre-programmed ph. levels which an average customer can relate to.
- The pre-programmed Ph. level names which you can choose from are as follows:
- The Purified water option
- The Weak, Medium or Strong Acidic water options
- The Weak, Medium, Strong or Ultra-Strong alkaline water options
- As far as changing the filters is concerned, it is highly recommended to change the 2 stage filters every 5000 liters or 1320 gallons on average. Bawell recommends their customers to change the filters every 12 months or when the filter life counter on the water ionizer is about to reach 5000 liters/ 1320 gallons, whichever comes first.
- Instructions on how to change the filters is clearly laid out in the user manual
This outstanding water ionizer is a very useful lifetime investment that you can ever make.
The platinum coating on the plates and the stainless steel body makes it very durable. The Bawell model is the best water ionizer for first time users as it comes with pre-programmed Ph. level settings to choose from.
Because the 7 plates are solid, it makes cleaning the unit so easy. Also the self-cleaning feature reduces the amount of time you need to maintain the system.
The price of the unit will make you think twice before buying ,but its worth every penny.