Avalon, the New Jersey headquartered company is the proud manufacturer of one of the best water cooler dispenser units .Their units including the Avalon A1WATERCOOLER A1 are Energy Star certified as energy efficient and eco-friendly.
If you are looking for an ideal water cooler dispenser for office or home use at a reasonable price, then this is the right one.
The unit is built using metal and high density with dependability in mind.
One of the most important to consider when buying a water cooler dispenser is the warranty. The Avalon A1WATERCOOLER A1 doesn’t let you down on this one.
- Saves you time. The machine dispenses both hot and chilled water. This makes the dispenser useful for preparing meals as well as providing refreshing drinking water.
- The best water cooler dispenser designed with kids’ safety in mind. The unit has got a child safety lock feature that protects the child from being scalded by hot water .If a child accidentally presses the hot water press-paddle ,hot water wont come out .
- Stylish and space saving. The unit looks very slim and stylish; you can even fit it into tight spaces of your home.
- High grade appliance. The New Jersey headquartered company`s water dispenser is certified by UL as an energy efficient appliance. The Avalon water dispenser complies very well with these standards .Energy star is a program run by US EPA (US Environmental Protection Agency) and the US Department of energy .The aim of Energy Star is to protect the environment and saving energy as much as possible.
- Ideal for office use. Because the dispenser loads from the top, you have the opportunity to spot if the water dispenser is running out of water.
- Comes with a 1 year warranty. If your water dispenser stops working all of a sudden, Avalon will cover you. To unlock your warranty, make sure to register your water cooler dispenser within 30 days of purchase. To make a claim, Avalon customer support team whom they prefer to call hydration specialists can be contacted via live video chat, call and email for an easy exchange. Just like any warranty, terms and conditions apply of course.
- Can cool water down to 47 degrees Fahrenheit. You feel fully refreshed when you drink such chilled water
- Can heat water up to 185 degrees Fahrenheit. The water at this piping hot temperature is ideal for making instant soups, hot chocolate or just a cup of coffee.
- No water messes when loading. The dispenser has a probe system which prevents water in the bottle to spill during assembly.
- Easy to sanitize the dispenser. It has a removable top for ease of cleaning.If you would like to more about how to sanitize a water dispenser and water dispensers in general ,checkout this article i wrote some time ago
- The space under the spout is big enough to fit a coffee machine and larger mugs underneath without slanting them.
- It is a top loading water cooler dispenser. Since top loading dispensers do not have pumps, they are lighter than bottom loading units and do not make much noise in operation.
- You can choose between 3 or 5 gallon bottles. This choice makes the machine usable by both small and big families.
- It is a free standing dispenser. It can be moved easily from one room to another.
- Lighter than most models of its capacity .The water cooler dispenser weighs 37.4 pounds.
- Slim and compact. The dispenser can fit into tight spaces because of its slim design. It measures 11.25 inches X 10.75 inches X 42 inches. With the water bottle attached on top, the total height comes to approximately 58 inches.
- Durable. The body is made out of metal and high density plastic. An appliance with this material combination is very durable.
- The cold water reservoir tank has a capacity of 3.1 litres which is enough for up to 5 users.
- The hot water reservoir tank has a capacity of 1 litre which enough for 3 or so people to make a cup of coffee each at the same time. The size also makes it easy for cold water to reheat fast inside the tank after hot water has been dispensed.
- Simple and convenient to use. The unit has simple and easy to use press-paddles to release water unlike other models that have complicated push buttons. Simply push the glass back against the paddle to fill it; you don’t need to hold the paddle down to release water.
- Comes with a removable drip tray. Since the drip tray is removable
- Innovative. Unlike other models that are switched off by unplugging the unit from a power source, this particular unit has got ON/OFF Switches of its own. The toggle switches are located at the back of the unit. The cold toggle switch turns OFF/ON the cold water whereas the hot toggle switch turns OFF/ON the hot water.
- It is one of the quietest models because this system doesn’t have a pump. A pump makes noise when pumping water from the bottom of the dispenser to the reservoir tanks; this is common in bottom loading machines. This particular model is a top loading dispenser; water is fed into the reservoirs using gravity.
- Can be used with an American standard outlet. The system uses 110v outlet. If you have 220V outlet, then you have to engage a plumber who can turn your existing 220V outlet into a 110V outlet.
- The best water cooler dispenser for health conscious users. Because the reservoir tanks are made out of stainless steel, it is difficult for bacteria to grow and proliferate in such an environment.
- You don’t have stand around waiting forever till the cup fills. The flow rate of the water that comes out of the dispenser is above average.
- Easy to maintain. The unit does not need regular replacement of filters and consumables. If a certain part breaks, which is very rare anyway, you can buy the parts on Amazon or any other home improvement store near you.
- Very easy to set up
- You can adjust the temperature of the water using a thermostat at the back of the unit. You can modify the thermostat to suit your needs.
- It only has 2 temperature settings, the hot and cold. The unit doesn’t have room temperature setting. This means that you can’t give the water to your pets straight from the dispenser since pets consume water at room temperature. The only way to get this clean water at room temperature is to either unplug the water cooler or dispense that hot or cold water and let it come to room temperature
- The spigot is a little bit recessed into the cooler .This makes it difficult to fill bottles with irregular shapes.
- Loading the water bottle onto the top of the unit might be a challenge to those with back or spine problems.
Special things to note
- Many customers have reported bad plastic taste of the water during the first days of use .To get rid of this problem , just run boiling water mixed with vinegar through the unit for about 30 minutes. This trick should be done the moment you unbox the dispenser.
- Because the unit doesn’t have filters inside, make sure you feed only purified water into the system.
- As for regular maintenance, all you need to do is to wipe down the top of the water cooler dispenser where it comes in contact with the water bottle. Also make sure to clean the water bottle itself every time you replace it.
- The water cooler can still dispense water at room temperature when there is power outage. The water is fed into the unit by gravity.
The Avalon A1WATERCOOLER A1 is one of the best water cooler dispenser units for those with limited spaces at home or office. The dispenser can fit into just about any tight corner of your house or office due to its slim design.
The system is a multipurpose appliance as it acts as both a water heater and cooler. All this comes at a reasonable price believe me.
The unit is certified by Energy Star as being energy efficient and environmentally friendly. If such a big organization like Energy Star `vouches` for the Avalon A1WATERCOOLER A1 like this, then I doesn’t see a reason why i shouldn’t trust it. The 1 year warranty confers more trust and assurance on the appliance.
One major thing I don’t like about the system is the fact that you have to load water onto the unit .Depending on the size of the water bottle; it might not be good for those with back or spine problems. If you are in good health, then that shouldn’t be an issue at all.
Overall, the water dispenser is a dependable and useful appliance you would be proud to own. I give this appliance an overall score of 4.7/5
If you are still looking for a similar water dispenser at a much cheaper price , checkout the Giantex water cooler – heater dispenser